This weekend I completed my first battery of French Napoleonic Artillery, for Black Powder. They’re a really fun kit to put together, and great sculpts too – I have to admit, that while the Victrix kits take the longest to put together, the variety of pieces means you really can make a unique looking unit.
I also picked up some new Vallejo textured basing pumice. Now, I don’t usually like mixing up the overall look and feel of bases in an army once I’ve started, but this stuff looks so good, I might go back and apply it to the units I’ve already done. In the past I’ve used the white pumice, and painted over it. This time I tried one that’s already painted brown – it’s a much lighter shade than I’ve ever used before, but I love it!
Last comment – basing. I considered putting each cannon and crew on a single large base, but decided there’s more flexibility in basing everything separately.
Next unit on the paint table will be finishing my Highlanders unit, and a mounted British officer. Once those are done, I’ll post pics of the Brits I’ve completed so far!